Geospatial Mapping Technician
Who is AXIS GeoSpatial?
AXIS is a full service geospatial solutions provider. We provide land surveying, mapping and geospatial consulting for integration into civil engineering, land surveying and GIS applications. As an industry leader in innovative remote-sensing and measurement technologies, AXIS has a proven track record of stability and longevity in the geospatial market.
AXIS encourages each employee to be a part of the team’s success and appreciates creative input.
What does the job entail?
You will build feature and terrain products common with large Government Agency mapping and terrain data products. Utilizing photogrammetric mapping techniques to extract both feature and/or terrain data from multiple imagery sources.
What are the requirements of a Geospatial Mapping Technician?
- Knowledge of digital geospatial data production techniques, image processing, GIS
- Knowledge of common Agency mapping products to include DTED, HRTe3 and HRTe4, Stereo Airfield Collection, TLMs, Vector Feature Data, MGCP, Topographic Data Store Products
- Capability to extract and edit terrain data in accordance to Specifications
- Capability to extract feature data in accordance with data collection Specifications
- Create, update, and manage GIS databases and products
- 1-3 years of mapping/cartographic/GIS related experience
- Ability to perform Quality Control Peer-to-Peer inspections of derived geospatial datasets
- Ability to effectively communicate from at all company levels
- Ability to lead small project/tasks when necessary
- Map production Software
- Ability to pass a 3D stereo vision test
- Associates Degree
What are some of the characteristics of an ideal candidate?
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5+ years of mapping/cartographic/GIS related experience
- Experience with any or all of the following map production software (ArcGIS, Socet Set, Socet GXP, FME, Intergraph GeoMedia, ERDAS Imagine, Socet for ArcGIS, Stereo Analyst,etc.)
- Secret clearance, or the ability to obtain, is desired, but not required.
- Strong commitment to quality
How do you apply?
Please click here to send a cover letter and resume or call 410.822.1441 to request an application.
Know someone perfect for this position? Feel free to share with friends and colleagues below.