GIS Department Lead
Who is AXIS GeoSpatial?
AXIS is a growing GeoSpatial Data Acquisition and Analysis company. We provide land surveying, mapping and geospatial consulting for integration into civil engineering, land surveying and GIS applications. As an industry leader in innovative remote-sensing and measurement technologies, AXIS has a proven track record of stability and longevity in the geospatial market.
AXIS encourages each employee to be a part of the team’s success and appreciates creative input. Become a part of our team and you can leave work knowing that you’ve managed, supported and motivated your team into an efficient, innovative and successful group of GIS mapping professionals.
What does the job entail?
You will be responsible for daily GIS project management and oversight of the GIS/CAD production team. Working closely with other Department Leads, you will report to the Production Director to plan, implement and control the production schedule. You will work with your GIS/CAD staff to ensure all deliverables are completed on time and within specification. You will need to manage human and material resources to meet production targets and monitor quality standards, providing guidance/training/motivation as needed to build core team capabilities. It may also be necessary for you to participate in client or conference presentations to support project and business development activities.
What are the requirements for the GIS Department Lead?
- Proficient knowledge of and ability to use ESRI ArcGIS Desktop 10.0 or higher
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office product suite
- 3-5 years of GIS map production experience
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in management
- Travel to client sites as needed
- Provide innovative solutions to improve efficiencies utilizing new technologies, software and approaches
- Bachelor’s degree in GIS, geography or a related field
What are some of the characteristics of an ideal candidate?
- Self-motivated to support research and implementation of improved technology and efficiencies
- Ability to prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously
- Ability to maintain a high degree of motivation and focus with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication leadership and motivational skills
- Strong commitment to quality
- GISP Certification with 5+ years’ experience in Geospatial Data Production
- GIS programming and scripting experience (Python, ArcObjects)
- Secret clearance, or the ability to obtain
How do you apply?
Please click here to send a cover letter and resume or call 410.822.1441 to request an application.
Know someone perfect for this position? Feel free to share with friends and colleagues below.