Who is AXIS GeoSpatial?
AXIS is a growing GeoSpatial Data Acquisition and Analysis company. We provide land surveying, mapping and geospatial consulting for integration into civil engineering, land surveying and GIS applications. As an industry leader in innovative remote-sensing and measurement technologies, AXIS has a proven track record of stability and longevity in the geospatial market.
AXIS encourages each employee to be a part of the team’s success and appreciates creative input. Become a part of the AXIS team and become a part of a “Championship Quality” team of Geospatial Data Professionals that provide innovative and reliable solutions to industries that demand quality and results.
What does the job entail?
You will provide technical expertise in LiDAR data processing and production, troubleshooting and solving complex issues. You will work with the LiDAR Team and Team Leader on all technical aspects of LiDAR projects, including compliance with quality/specifications. You will help to coordinate work efforts of staff assigned to the project. It may also be necessary for you to participate in client or conference presentations to support project and business development activities.
What are the requirements of a LiDAR Analyst?
- Generate LiDAR tile layout, project area, project requirements and develop LiDAR Filters
- Complete data processing and translations as necessary, and perform the final review of LiDAR files as needed prior to shipment
- Use complete understanding of LiDAR principles and additional complex understanding of all geospatial and remote sensing disciplines to act as a technical expert
- Advanced technical expertise in LiDAR processing
- Provide innovative solutions to improve efficiencies utilizing new technologies, software and approaches
- Bachelor’s degree, Associate’s degree or certificate in relevant course of study or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of experience processing LiDAR data
What are some of the characteristics of an ideal candidate?
- Self-motivated to support research and implementation of improved technology and efficiencies
- Ability to prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously
- Ability to maintain a high degree of motivation and focus with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication leadership and motivational skills
- Strong commitment to quality
How do you apply?
Please click here to apply or call 410.822.1441 to request an application.