Who is AXIS GeoSpatial?
AXIS is a growing GeoSpatial Data Acquisition and Analysis company. We provide land surveying, mapping and geospatial consulting for integration into civil engineering, land surveying and GIS applications. As an industry leader in innovative remote-sensing and measurement technologies, AXIS has a proven track record of stability and longevity in the geospatial market.
AXIS encourages each employee to be a part of the team’s success and appreciates creative input. Become a part of the AXIS team and become a part of a “Championship Quality” team of Geospatial Data Professionals that provide innovative and reliable solutions to industries that demand quality and results.
What does the job entail?
You will work with the LiDAR Team to produce LiDAR datasets and perform QA/QC of various digital, photogrammetric and GIS data using Vrone, VrLidar, TerraScan, Microstation, AutoCAD, ArcGIS, LAStools, QT Modeler, Socet Set and Photoshop software specific to a variety of clientele and project types. You and your production Team will coordinate with other AXIS production teams to produce and deliver complex mapping solutions.
What are the requirements?
- Perform classification, feature extraction and mapping from processed LiDAR data
- Work with point cloud data collected by airborne and/or mobile methods
- Extract 2d and 3d information from the data and generate CAD mapping for delivery
- Knowledge and experience working with trajectory data, LiDAR datasets, digital elevation models, and hydrographic datasets
- Assist the production team in achieving technical quality standards while meeting production schedules
- Meet day to day schedule and budget compliance
- Communicate with Team Lead and project managers on issues affecting schedules, budgets and technical issues
- Experience with LiDAR Flight planning and LiDAR Data collection is preferred
- Excellent computer skills
- Minimum of 3 years’ in the GIS industry, displaying increasing responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Geography, GIS or related discipline is a plus
What are some of the characteristics of an ideal candidate?
- Energy, drive and passion for the success of the LIDAR Team
- Desire to learn new technologies, software, hardware, methodologies and assist the LiDAR Team to operate at a maximum efficiency
- Strict attention to details and focus on maximizing production while maintaining quality control
- Work well with others, be team oriented, helpful and a good problem solver
- Ability to prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously
- Ability to maintain a high degree of motivation and focus with minimal supervision
How do you apply?
Please click here to apply or call 410.822.1441 to request an application.
Help connect us to the perfect person for this position by sharing below. (Maybe it’s you.)