Photogrammetric Technical Lead
Who is AXIS GeoSpatial?
AXIS is a full service geospatial solutions provider. We provide land surveying, mapping and geospatial consulting for integration into civil engineering, land surveying and GIS applications. As an industry leader in innovative remote-sensing and measurement technologies, AXIS has a proven track record of stability and longevity in the geospatial market.
AXIS encourages each employee to be a part of the team’s success and appreciates creative input. Become a part of the AXIS team and become a part of a “Championship Quality” team of Geospatial Data Professionals that provide innovative and reliable solutions to industries that demand quality and results.
What does the job entail?
You will provide technical supervision and oversight of Photogrammetric production. Working closely with other Department Leads, you will report to the Production Director to plan, implement and control the production schedule. You will be responsible to manage human and material resources to meet production targets and will monitor quality standards.
What are the requirements of a Photogrammetric Technical Lead?
- Working knowledge of Photogrammetric workflow processes such as aerotriangulation, ground control, proper extraction of geospatial data at various scales, topographic mapping accuracies, extraction of digital terrain modeling (DTM) and digital elevation models (DEM), merging of LiDAR and photogrammetric data
- Working knowledge of Photogrammetric, GIS, and CAD software suites such as: Socet Set, INPHO, DAT-EM, Intergraph, Arc GIS, VRONE, MicroStation, InRoads, Civil 3D
- Familiarity with GIS mapping principles such as geodatabases, topology, attribution, data conversions
- Experience in aerotriangulation and knowledge of coordinate projection systems and ability to manipulate datasets
- Knowledge of map finishing and workflow for GIS and CAD based projects
- Knowledge of proper geocoding of photogrammetric and base mapping data for CAD and GIS deliverables
- Experience in setting up quality control procedures and methodologies in the Photogrammetry and base map production environment
- Experience in managing large imagery mapping projects; i.e. state-wide mapping programs; COG/Multi-county mapping programs
- Experience in coordinating, motivating, and monitor production staff and processes to meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of using Microsoft office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- ASPRS Certified Photogrammetrist or other relevant certification within 12 months of start date
- A minimum of two years of experience in management
- A minimum of five years of experience in photogrammetric production
- Bachelor’s Degree in mapping sciences or related fields -or- relevant work experience
What are some of the characteristics of an ideal candidate?
- Systematic thinking and innovation
- Ability to maintain a high degree of motivation and focus within the department of exempt and non-exempt employees
- Must be detail oriented, ability to multi-task and maintain organization in a changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication leadership and motivational skills
- Strong commitment to quality
- Strong analytical and computer skills
How do you apply?
Please click here to send a cover letter and resume or call 410.822.1441 to request an application.
Help connect us to the perfect person for this position by sharing below. (Maybe it’s you.)