Airborne LiDAR Acquisition & Processing
In the past planimetric, topographic and aerial imagery were acquired with methods that often required multiple flight days and proper weather, which were time consuming and expensive. With HD-LiDAR technology AXIS offers:
Fast turn-around time from collection to delivery
- Helicopter & fixed wing platform options for your data acquisition
- AXIS flew 2 square miles (1,200 acres) for a site in Maryland …with 4 flight lines …and processed the unclassified point-cloud data in less than 4 hours from take-off.
Easily map rugged, vegetated, dangerous and inaccessible areas
- map an area with a ground point density of approximately 30 to 40 points per square yard; locating power lines, poles, rail lines, buildings, pipes, curbs, vegetation canopy, overpass/bridge clearances and every other landscape feature within the aircraft’s mapping swath.
- Larger area covered in less time, resulting in cost effective data collection
- Easily obtain LiDAR, stereo imagery and digital orthoimagery in one flight mission
- vertical accuracy RMSE averaging .04’ – .08’
AXIS GeoSpatial owns a 2004 Cessna 206H and Piper Navajo equipped with a Garmin G1000 “Glass Cockpit” – the most advanced avionics in today’s aviation. This technology provides our pilots with real-time access to weather, airspace, terrain obstacles, air-traffic, etc., over a sophisticated GPS navigation map displayed on an LCD screen in the cockpit. Having this technology provides a comfortable, intelligent and SAFE environment for our pilots while AXIS is overhead surveying your project.
Our aircraft and sensor is equipped with precision AGPS (airborne global positioning system) and IMU (inertial measurement unit) technology. This allows for an accurate survey with less ground survey control. AXIS utilizes a RIEGL VQ-1560i Airborne LiDAR mapping system, IMU and GPS for use in various applications and projects.
Highly qualified field personnel consisting of professional licensed land surveyors, licensed pilots and LiDAR technicians operate the system to ensure quality results from each flight. The collection rate of this sensor is 400khz (400,000 laser pulses per second) which means AXIS captures dense point clouds with a relative vertical accuracy RMSE averaging .04’ – .08’.
Assisting you in the analysis of HD-LiDAR datasets in ASCII or LAS format, AXIS point cloud data is visually inspected and edited to meet your project requirements.
Technicians will go through the LiDAR data and begin the editing and classification of all LiDAR points. Features as small as catch basins, mailboxes, hydrants, and more can easily be collected and delivered in your preferred format.
Regardless of point density or accuracy requirements, AXIS has the experience and knowledge to flight plan, field execute, post process and deliver quality LiDAR terrain dataset to you.
What Others Are Saying…
“We have worked with Axis for over ten years on numerous photogrammetric and HD LiDAR mapping projects. We selected them based on our past experience with them. The primary benefit obtained from using HD LiDAR is the accuracy of the elevations obtained. Additional benefits include the ability to obtain wire heights and top of rail elevations.” -Greg K., Chief of Surveys
See the detail available through HD-LIDAR today!
Contact us today to see a sample HD-LiDAR dataset.