Land Survey – HDS Team Member
AXIS GeoSpatial LLC, a leading edge geospatial data provider has an exciting and challenging opportunity for an energetic, technically capable, technology fluent HDS Team Leader.
In this role you will have the opportunity to gain substantial professional growth with exposure to significant new technology and involvement in exciting, challenging, diverse projects.
You are responsible for:
- Oversight of all projects involving terrestrial laser scanning data;
- Acquisition of laser scanning data using Leica HDS Scanners;
- Processing, modeling and presentation of data;
- Defining the scope of multiple, complex projects and developing plans to accomplish land survey projects;
- Monitoring progress toward deliverable schedules;
- Compiling project status reports;
- Developing workflows, supervising team members, and further developing team members through coaching and training;
- Creating technical presentations in support of proposals and marketing efforts;
- Exploring new technology and work to solve problems/customize solutions;
- Wearing, deploying and using project driven safety equipment at all times.
To succeed in this, you should have the following skills and experience
- Substantial experience in the terrestrial scanning environment, including BIM, structural as-builting and related fields;
- Ability to lead projects from start to finish, including cost and effort estimating, training of subordinate personnel, execution of project effort from beginning to end, and the development and implementation of best practices and QA processes;
- Desire to lead the profession in the quality of your work;
- Experience with instrument adjustment and collimation, including routine field checks;
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team depending on conditions;
- Ability to manage and direct other team members as required,
- Experience using Leica HDS scanners;
- Experience using Leica Cyclone and other software products related to production and delivery of 3-D data;
- BIM, CADD modeling, 3-D drafting, editing, and quality review;
- AutoCAD Civil 3D experience with additional experience in Civil 3D Map, Revit, MicroStation and Recap will be the most helpful;
- Ability to interpret and operate with complete adherence to written specifications, client requirements and project scope of work;
- Thorough understanding of surveying methods and practices, including closed traverses, positional quality assessment, and statistical analysis of data;
- Professional personal appearance and conduct, prior military a plus;
- Physically fit, capable of cross country travel with up to 50 pounds of equipment;
- Must be able to meet the requirements to obtain a Transportation Workers Identification Credential;
- OSHA 40 Hr. HAZWOPER certification, ability to obtain Supervisor, Confined Space Entry, First Aide certification;
- Must have a clean driving record with valid driver’s license and the ability to operate a pickup truck towing a trailer as needed;
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
The interview process includes a pre-interview background check, submission and review of an Axis Geospatial employment application, followed by both administrative and technical interviews. Technical interview will include assessment of problem solving skills, work experience, ethics, knowledge of geometry and spatial relationships, boundary principles, state minimum technical standards, understanding of coordinate systems, horizontal and vertical datums, and equipment specific operation skills.