AXIS GeoSpatial is an innovative and growing geospatial data acquisition and analysis company. We provide airborne LiDAR collection, land surveying and scanning, mapping and geospatial consulting. AXIS works closely with DOTs, engineering firms, land surveying companies and for various other markets in need of GIS solutions. As an industry leader in innovative remote-sensing and measurement technologies, AXIS has a proven track record of stability and longevity in the geospatial market. We are currently seeking a LiDAR Manager to join our expanding team.
In this role you will have to opportunity to:
Fill a diverse position as a LiDAR Manager, with an emphasis on airborne LiDAR project management. Reporting directly to our Director of Surveying & Mapping, you will apply your strong technical abilities and effective communication skills to produce data for multiple industries; everything from wide area mapping collections, powerline corridor mapping, to design scale highway engineering LiDAR projects.
You will be our brand ambassador, passionately representing our company both internally and externally, while collaborating extensively with your team to achieve your own, your team’s, and AXIS targets and objectives.
You will partner with various team members to create flight plans, manage airborne survey projects, create reports, and assist in data processing as needed. All while collaborating with the entire AXIS Production team to create, process, and deliver quality geospatial solutions.
You are responsible for and oversight of:
- Generating LiDAR tile layout, project area, project requirements using ArcGIS or QGIS;
- Building, testing, and running classification macros
- Classifying LiDAR point cloud data using Terrascan to meet customer requirements
- Analyzing alignment issues and applying relative adjustments to calibrate raw .las strips
- Adjusting data sets to surveyed ground control points
- Using your understanding of LiDAR theory and GIS discipline to troubleshoot advanced issues with senior processors
- Data feature extraction/compilation of hydro break lines
- Peer reviewing junior analyst classification work
- Researching innovative solutions to improve efficiencies utilizing new technologies, software and approaches.
What are some of the characteristics of an ideal candidate?
- 2+ years of experience calibrating LiDAR data using Terra Solid’s TerraMatch software
- Bachelor’s degree, Associate’s degree or certificate in relevant course of study or equivalent work experience
- Experience with contracts, negotiations, budgets and estimating
- Leadership skills to manage and support staff for multi-disciplinary projects
- Strong commitment to quality
- Strong listening, writing and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, with strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Highly motivated, must be able to work well collaboratively or independently
- Proven work history, strong work ethic and team-player attitude
- Self-starter, and able to manage multiple tasks and adjust to changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to write legibly and convey technical information as well as the ability to effectively present information, communicate, and respond to questions from groups of co-workers, clients and the general public.
**Python, TopoDot, LAStools, Global Mapper, LP360, RiProcess, and POSPac, experience a plus.**
Why should you join AXIS?
AXIS encourages each employee to be a part of the team’s success and appreciates creative input. Become a part of the AXIS team and become a part of a “Championship Quality” team of Geospatial Data Professionals that provide innovative and reliable solutions to industries that demand quality and results.
The selected candidate will report to the company’s headquarters in Easton, Maryland. The Arts and Cultural Center rated Easton among the Top Ten Best Small Towns in America and Top 100 Small Arts Communities in America; offering beautiful scenery, historic charm with an urban feel, countless amenities and fine dining – all at a cost of living well below the rest of Maryland’s urban areas.
AXIS GeoSpatial, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. AXIS does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or any other protected status.
All job offers and continued employment with AXIS are contingent upon passing a background check and subject to random drug screening.