AXIS GeoSpatial, LLC is seeking a Project Estimator for its Easton, MD Headquarters Office. We are looking for a bright, energetic person that can function in a fast-paced environment, has a commitment to providing quality work and takes pride in a job well done. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in photogrammetry, aerial acquisition and remote sensing technologies including LiDAR and has been involved in the production and or project management of these activities. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, along with an outstanding benefits package.
Come join our team of professionals and build a career at AXIS.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare cost and pricing estimates for sales team, project managers and clientele
- Review proposals, flight plans, control plans, SOW’s, specifications and other related documents to identify labor, material, resources and time requirements for estimating
- Work with our project managers and subject matter experts identifying labor, material, resources, and time requirements for estimating
- Analyze actual costs and project pricing against estimated costs and pricing
- Adjust cost/pricing techniques if necessary
- Assess risks and cost/price accordingly
- Establish and maintain working relationships with our vendors and subcontractors
- Provide project scope and SOW’s to our subcontractors for pricing and estimating
- Work with our vendors and subcontractors to establish best possible pricing
- Work with our sales team, project managers, production managers and clientele defining project scope and general project work plans for estimating
- Maintain and modify when needed project estimating templates and procedures
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing technical publications
- Provide training to others when needed
Qualifications and Skills
- At least 4 years in photogrammetry related business such as a project manager or production oriented in flight acquisition, stereo compilation, CADD editing, LiDAR processing, GIS base map development, DTM and DSM creation, Aero-Triangulation and Orthophoto creation
- Understand production workflows related to photogrammetry and aerial mapping business
- Competent mathematical skills
- Excellent computer skills with MS Windows
- Accomplished with MS Excel and MS Word
- A general understanding of flight / control planning for aerial photography and LiDAR acquisition is recommended but not required
- A general understanding of aeronautical charts and airspace requirements is recommended but not required
- Able to multi-task and meet demanding schedules
- Able to think creatively, out the box, and logically to solve problems
AXIS GeoSpatial offers group health insurance including medical coverage through United HealthCare, dental and vision coverage. Additional benefits include: 401(k) savings plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, paid leave, life insurance, and long term and short term disability insurance.
AXIS GeoSpatial, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. AXIS does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or any other protected status.
All job offers and continued employment with AXIS are contingent upon passing a background check and subject to random drug screening.