AXIS GeoSpatial in Easton, MD is looking for a Staff Accountant with a solid work ethic, excellent judgment and a desire to build a long-term career with us.
In this position, you will need to be highly organized and detail-oriented with outstanding analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you are able to work effectively with minimal oversight, relying heavily on your own experience and expert judgement; while also functioning well in a team environment.
You will be responsible for creating, reviewing and the reconciliation of the day-to-day accounting transactions. This will include participating in timely and accurate generation of financial statements, preparing internal and external management financial reports, and payroll support.
Why should you join AXIS?
AXIS encourages each employee to be a part of the team’s success and appreciates creative input. Become a part of the AXIS team and become a part of a “Championship Quality” team of Geospatial Data Professionals that provide innovative and reliable solutions to industries that demand quality and results.
- Payroll preparation and reporting including payroll taxes submission
- Review of Accounting Clerk work
- Client invoice preparation and related Accounts Receivable/WIP reporting
- Reconciliation of various general ledger accounts on weekly/monthly basis; with necessary journal entries, in compliance with US GAAP
- Produce job profitability reports
- Assist Controller with: budget preparation and maintenance, annual FAR audit, and operational reporting and analysis
- Assist with various projects, accounting, project admin and HR tasks
- Perform other duties as required
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accountancy or equivalent business experience preferred
- Proficiency with MS Windows and MS Office Software, especially Excel
- Minimum of 2 years related business experience with a basic understanding of accounting processes and procedures
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Deadline oriented with attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Team player
- Annual compensation is commensurate with experience and education. Limited travel.
AXIS GeoSpatial, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. AXIS does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or any other protected status.
All job offers and continued employment with AXIS are contingent upon passing a background check and subject to random drug screening.