Survey Team Member
AXIS GeoSpatial LLC, a leading edge geospatial data provider has an exciting and challenging opportunity for an energetic, technically capable, technology fluent survey team member. Position entails establishing GNSS control for photogrammetric mapping, airborne laser scanning data acquisition, data collection to support of Quality Assurance testing of datasets, as well as conventional surveying tasks such as boundary surveys, digital leveling, structural as-built and stakeout, small scale bathymetric surveying, high definition laser scanning and topography. Ideal candidate will be highly motivated, with desire to excel.
Specific requirements for the position include:
- Professional personal appearance and conduct, prior military a plus.
- Physically fit, capable of cross country travel with up to 50 pounds of equipment.
- Wear, deploy and use project driven safety equipment at all times.
- Familiar with general traffic control guidelines for working along roadways.
- Must be experienced at working alone or as part of a team depending on conditions.
- Must be able to manage and direct other team members as required.
- Experience using Real Time Network GNSS equipment, robotic instrumentation and digital leveling equipment required.
- Terrestrial laser scanning experience a plus.
- Must be familiar with Leica instrumentation, including but not limited to Leica CS20 and CS35 data collectors, SmartWorx/Captivate data collection software, MS-50 MultiStation, and GS14/GS15 GNSS receivers.
- Field to finish coding experience mandatory.
- AutoCAD Civil 3D experience a plus.
- Must be able to interpret and operate with complete adherence to written specifications, client requirements and project scope of work.
- Must understand surveying methods and practices, including closed traverses, leveling, topography.
- Must be able to travel with reasonable notice for short periods of time to prosecute projects for federal, state, municipal clients and private clients.
- Must be able to meet the requirements to obtain a Transportation Workers Identification Credential.
- OSHA 40 Hr. HAZWOPER certification desired, Confined Space Entry, First Aide a plus.
- Capable of operating a small boat, certification thereof a plus.
- Must have a clean driving record and the ability to operate a pickup truck towing a trailer as needed.
The interview process includes a pre-interview background check, submission and review of an AXIS GeoSpatial employment application, followed by both administrative and technical interviews. Technical interview will include assessment of problem solving skills, work experience, ethics, knowledge of geometry and spatial relationships, boundary principles, state minimum technical standards, understanding of coordinate systems, horizontal and vertical datums, GPS principles and equipment specific operation skills.
Successful applicant will report directly to and work under the guidance of a professional land surveyor (PLS) and or Surveyor in Training (SIT). The position will offer exposure to significant new technology, the opportunity for substantial professional growth, and involvement in exciting, challenging, diverse projects that you will read about in professional publications.